Thursday, January 31, 2013

School humour???

On Tuesday morning we pulled out (as is our custom) our markers for the kids to colour.  I pride myself on being organised - so my markers are not plunked into old tin cans - I have wonderful marker holders............... 

sort of like this..............


On Tuesday afternoon the stand and markers disappeared.

Yesterday morning I decided to ask the school staff if someone had seen them (borrowed them) BUT ... I didn't want to be blunt so I wrote this quick note about the markers being 'kidnapped' and asking the 'kidnappers' to please contact me.

Yesterday at noon - there was a note in my mail box..........



It demanded 3 cups of coffee with sugar and muffins be delivered to the main office by 9:00 this morning.  Someone (or more than one someone) had taken a whole lot of time to print out the ransom note so that it looked pretty much like the picture.  I couldn't stop laughing.  I showed my staff who shared my laughter.

I wrote an answer back to the "kidnappers" saying I wanted pictorial proof that the markers were alive and well.  IF I got the proof I would follow their demands.

It's all very silly - I know - but in a funny way the staff involved in this joke are showing me that they are there for me............. at least that's how it feels............. and that's a very good feeling :)  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok so I told W that story last night (on Skype) .... and he just sat there shaking his head - so maybe it's a kind of  " you should have been there" story........ 

3 comments:

  1. I was shaking my head as they have TOO much time on their hands..

    Also, the ransom people didn't say want brand of coffee... I could give them coffee they WOULD NEVER steal those pens again...

    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes pulling pranks like this are just to keep your sanity! Time has no value if you're off your nut.

    Cute story :) Reminds me of my university days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of stuff. Sometimes something silly is just what you need to pull you of a funk.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts