Monday, January 23, 2012

Vanilla just happens sometimes.........

It was a busy vanilla weekend - cleaning and sorting and filing and cleaning some more.  I did manage to get my "to do" list completed.  BUT it was boring..... very very boring.  


That is not to say I didn't get an offer for a spanking....... W had sent me an email asking when I thought I would be finished all the chores on Sunday "by noon??" he asked.  I immediately felt flustered ... why by noon I wondered?? Couldn't he just ask what was on his mind instead of hinting???? I was conflicted so I wrote and asked "why?" Well it seemed he had this idea of dropping by here early and whooping my ass..... then loading me in the car and taking me off to pick up a couple of folks he had volunteered to bring to the munch.  I waffled.  I hesitated.  I was tempted.  


To be honest I had been daydreaming about just that  - well not the picking up of people - but of a whooping and then munching.  BUT - when it was right out there for me to decide...... I said "no".  


I really do hate to know.......... no it's more than that....... and obviously hard to explain..... In my addled brain I was gonna rush around on Sunday finishing the laundry - doing my nails - getting the housework finished up... all with an eye on the clock to make sure my ass was over the ottoman in time.  


Maybe if the suggestion had been made a head of time.. maybe if I had felt W wanted to come and see me on the weekend??? maybe IF I could have just gone with the flow...... but It wasn't ... I didn't... and I couldn't........ so I missed out on a whooping.  

I know I am not much good at feeling left out.  I know I am absolutely no good at being asked what I want..... 


Anyway.......... W did come over just as I got out of the shower... and we had a little visit and then went to the munch......... which if anyone is interested was less than stellar this time.  (it happens) ....... 


But there was a little bit of magic sprinkled over this vanilla weekend......... something that took my breath away......... 


When I opened the curtains on Sunday morning Mother Nature had painted the world in glistening sparkling ice particles.......



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 am

    Lovely, winter does bring you some awesome perks, twinkling diamonds on the trees. Guess a morning like this makes up for the brrrrr shivery cold.

    Delaying gratification to accomplish what needs to be done is supposedly a sign of a mature adult. Sometimes being a mature rational adult can be tiresome. Boy that's a boring mouthful. (smiling)

    Hey your chores are done though!!
    No taxes or bookkeeping hanging over your head.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice there was some magic sprinkled over the vanilla weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    FD

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts