Friday, December 16, 2011

Life

Yesterday morning I ran out to the Island to see the infamous Christmas concert.. It was better than I ever imagined... I don't have the words to do justice to the dedication of all those kiddies / staff / and families.  

I sat teary eyed watching my lil Pigpen singing with his class... and being Pigpen he was one line behind the group most of the time and I could hear him.. hear his crystal clear voice singing out ... and I know it sounds sappy - but it sounded like an angel's voice.



Then his brother came on stage - dressed as an Irish leprechaun.  I watched mesmerized as he sang and danced and even spoke his lines.  My first born grandbaby looked so grown up.... he made me so proud.


 
 I came home feeling that once again the kids' concert had brought the Christmas spirit home to rest in my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



And then ......... I heard from W.  His best friend..... his oldest friend... had passed away at 4 in the morning.  


And now I have no more words.  My heart breaks for W .. for his friend's family...

5 comments:

  1. many condolences on the passing of W's friend . . .

    for what it's worth, Serafina and I will remember you, W, and his friend's family in our daily prayers with a plea for hope and solace . . .

    on a lighter note, I always dreaded the obligatory Christmas concert when I was a child, performing for friends or family was never scary but a dark auditorium with an audience full of the unknown gave my stomach butterflies . . . but I guess they really are for the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that the Christmas concert gave you the lift into the season that you sought...

    And I am sorry for the loss of W's friend.

    Peace and solace and joy in whatever measure each is needed...

    hugs,
    swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry for W; and I am so very sorry for you ...

    My thoughts are with you both.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts