Monday, November 28, 2011

Nothing to See - Move along




No matter how exciting the holiday season is.......... no matter how much I love it....... there are the mundane things that must be done - BEFORE - the fun starts.  


So this weekend was me and the lil condo - cleaning.... scrubbing.. polishing... preparing.


There were cobwebs where there shouldn't have been cobwebs!!  I think that was my biggest shock.  The lil condo had cobwebs !!  And not one or two........ but hundreds of them !!!  (ok ok I exaggerate - but there were a lot !!)


And Friday night as I climbed into bed my eyes strayed upwards ...... to the ceiling fan.... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT????   I threw back the covers and stood on the bed to get a better look........... MY GOD ........ the top of the fan blades were covered - 2 inches deep - in dust and cat hair!!!  What the devil has miss ashes been doing while I am out of the house??!!  throwing parties - swinging from the chandeliers (so to speak)???

On Saturday while I was clearing out rooms to clean - I glanced up at the china cabinet and my prized silver was tarnished.... TARNISHED!!  I was sure I just cleaned it... didn't I just clean it???? ummmmmm yeah I did....... last spring.  

As I mopped the dining room floor - after cleaning ALL the silver - I noticed foot prints all over the floor - from the back door to the living room - to the kitchen - everywhere !!  When was the last time I washed the hardwood floors????? oh yeah - must have been last spring !!!

By the time I collapsed exhausted Saturday night........ the floors had been washed - the rugs vacuumed - the silver cleaned - the fan cleaned - the cobwebs were gone.  And I had managed to put all the every day knick knacks away so the tables are bare and ready for Christmas.  I had dragged the Christmas tree up from the basement and set it up complete with the candle lights - put the garland around the china cabinet - took down the garland around the china cabinet (the lights wouldn't light and I never really liked it anyway) - put the garland up around the mantle - hung my Christmas fairies (that no one BUT no one touches except for me) and then ........ re-vacummed the lower level .. AGAIN... because of all the artificial needles littering the floors/rugs.  (Artificial needles stick like glue to whatever they touch - floor, furniture, rugs......... too bad they don't stick as well to the damn tree / garland !!)


Sunday morning I finished up the odds and sods I hadn't finished on Saturday - like finding / organizing all the Christmas gifts I have bought...... worked on the accounting program (which I still don't get!!)  and even managed to give myself a much needed manicure - had a shower and was out of the house by 1:00 pm to pick up eldest daughter to go out to the Island for baby grandson's second birthday ............ (oh yeah late Saturday night I did manage to find some birthday paper and wrap up the birthday gifts)


Then it was home in time for dinner - put my pjs on and watched the Grey Cup game - which ran way past my bedtime - but it was a GOOD game and I couldn't not watch it !!!


Finally I climbed into my lil bed - satisfied the house is ready - or as ready as it is going to be - for next weekend.  That's when the 3 grandkids come to granny's house to decorate for Christmas.  

I DO love the holidays - it's just - well - it seems to be mostly vanilla - thank goodness there is one play party between now and the 25th and one more munch........a girl needs some distractions from the mundane - dontcha know!

5 comments:

  1. the third time we must have been thinkin on the same things just opposite sides of the webs and silver oh well just remember the little guy in red carries a whip that should get you through your mundane time. LOL Ho HO HO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, today I hate you a little bit....

    Happy Tourettes Monday.. Filled with random swearwords and twitches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I am always shocked at where I find animal hair. And celimg fans are a pain in the ass. Just when it seems like you've got everything all clean, yiubfind it dirty again?

    I love reading about the vanilla side of other kinksters. Almost more than reading kink posts!

    Have a great season!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ordalie10:59 pm

    I felt quite exhausted after reading all you've been doing last week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing the mundane too. I just wanna know where are the pics? You always have good pics. Although I did get a great mental image of you standing on the bed checking out the fan dust LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts