Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Festivals


Montreal is probably the City of Festivals - once the snow melts (cheeky grin) We do love to party !!!

It all starts off in June with Les FrancoFolies in early June - the Fringe Festival in Mid June - The Jazz Festival in late June early July - the Just for Laughs Festival through July - Divers/Cite Festival In late July ............... and winds up (as far as I am concerned) with Gay Pride in August.  

Our Gay Pride Parade was yesterday.  Now it doesn't touch (from what I am told ) Toronto's Gay Pride Parade - but it is ours and I am proud of it!!!  There were many years that I proudly went to the Parade - hell one year my girlfriend at the time and I decided to take a hotel in the Gay Village and stay down for the entire weekend!!!  

For many years the only "leather" that you saw in the parade were the "Leather boys" boy did they get my heart a pumping (and yes yes I know they are GAY!!)  Now the leather community straight, bi, gay and everything in between  join up and march proudly in the parade.  

I had toyed with the idea of going into town for the parade this year.  W and I had nothing else planned - weren't seeing each other this weekend - and it has been a couple of years since I attended and truthfully I have to admit I was missing it.  But between one thing and another I didn't go down yesterday......... despite the fact that I am now the proud owner of a leather dress (I don't much like the smell - or the feel for that matter - of leather) BUT sacrifices must be made in the name of "fashion" or in this case the 'community' (cheekier grin)

From what I hear - I missed a good parade / a good party.  I am sorry I missed it.  Next year for sure - come hell or high water - I am putting on my one and only leather dress and going to go and proudly strut my stuff........and celebrate the end of the Festival Season and the start of school...............

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:30 am

    same here in Milwaukee. Once the snow melts, it's party time! Gay pride kicks off our festival season in June and there's a festival of some sort every weekend until mid-September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strut...wonder what a morningstar strut looks like....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm ... I LOVE the smell of leather, as well as the feel and look! lol

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts