Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bitter cold

The sky is a bright blue this morning - there is hardly a cloud in the sky - the sun is shining in the living room - and Miss Ashes has curled up in a sunbeam fast asleep.  Warren and I were watching the Sunday News before he headed home.  I found myself getting drowsy (lazy might be a more accurate description) in the sunshine.  

So when Warren got up to leave - I decided to pull on some jeans and a turtle neck and go for a long walk with my camera.  After all how cold could it be??!!!

I headed off with confidence - though it was a bit nippy.  I took the back paths strolling along enjoying the sunshine and the cool nip of the wind on my cheeks.  I remember even thinking 'I will have rosy cheeks when I get home'.  

I walked and walked until I came out the other side of the complex on the main road.  I headed north and then west - heading home.  I figured I had walked far enough for my first major outing.......... and besides I wanted/needed a second cup of coffee.  

As I turned west - the wind bit into my face.  Stupid me.. that brisk wind that had been on my back all the way out - was now a deep freeze winter gale blowing in my face!!

I have never been so happy to see my lil condo.  My nose was dripping - my ears were burning but yes I have rosy cheeks.  I checked - I had walked for 30 minutes - not bad for my first jaunt.  

Now I will curl up in the sunbeam - enjoy it's warmth and feel lazy without a guilty conscience !!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think 30 minutes is a very good start for your first outing :-)

    Hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 minutes is fantastic! Good for you! We went out for a walk with the twins. I didn't wear gloves or mittens and my hands were frozen by the time we were halfway through the walk. The sunshine was lovely, but the wind... brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opt for staying in the warm.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts