Saturday, June 12, 2010

Leather


I have never really liked leather... never felt the urge to wear leather. BUT I am beginning to wonder if it wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to something I didn't fully understand or appreciate.

I do know - now - when I see S&S dressed in their leathers, something deep inside of me goes weak and trembles. I know - now - that there is something very sensual about the brush of leather across hot skin. I know - now - that leather does not have to be stiff and formal. I am - now - thinking it may not be long before I decide to buy my first piece of leather clothing.

(and yes this is a bit of a bouncing ball.... from clothing to family )

I have been curious about the term "leather family" and as with everything new that crosses my life path, I have decided to learn as much as possible about it.

In my research / and questioning / and reading I realize I have so much to learn. This will be a long learning experience. It would seem that for everyone who is in a leather family there is a definition of what "leather family" means.

BUT

I have also read how leather is more than a way of dressing. That one can remove all the leathers and still have leather in their heart. It is a way of seeing the world around us. It is a philosophy .. a dedication .. a way of life.

It is a need to share, to teach, to mentor. And anything that offers guidance, leadership, sharing of knowledge, can't be all bad.

If anyone has reputable websites to share with me on the history of Leather families, how they work, what they are - anything and everything about Leather families - drop me a note in the comment section or email me. I am deadly serious about wanting to learn all I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts