Saturday, July 12, 2008

Today........

These past few days i have been taking my own walk down memory lane.... remembering 26 years of laughter, tears, scrapes, bruises, hugs and love.............



My baby is walking down the aisle today........ i didn't honestly think it would tug at my heart strings as much as it is....... After all... she has been with her husband to be for 8+ years.. and has 2 sweet lil boys with him..... It kinda seemed old hat - this marriage business... and yet on Wednesday when i sat with her and selected the music to be played during the service i found myself tearing up...... and yesterday watching her during the rehearsal... seeing the love in her eyes... watching them hold hands....... the tears all but overwhelmed me..



My baby is grown up....... the baby i held in my arms.. the daughter .. has grown up to be a friend......



And so i am off to slip into my strappy sandals...and walk my baby down the aisle with her father......... kleenix at the ready.........

4 comments:

  1. Buff will be pleased......painted toe nails and strappy sandals...

    Ya will be fine.....as are all mothers when their time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way......nice set of pegs.hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hooray! You managed to be able to wear those sandals after all.
    I'll be thinking of you today, as you send your "baby girl" off into this part of her life -- and I'll be wishing all the very best for her and her husband.

    Many joyful hugs for you all,
    swan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading you made me cry... with the help of a few glasses of wine...lolol...
    But I do feel it... My baby is only 9... but her time will come and I know right now, I will be the one with the Kleenex box under my arm...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts